Sunday, May 31, 2009

May Crowning



We had our May Crowning this afternoon. I threw out my back so I was in no shape to do our outdoor Mary's. But, we still had an enjoyable ceremony for our blessed mother. Rooster put a small flower crown on one of our Mary statues.


Rooster loves Mary very much:)



I saw a really awesome idea on a blog. (Sorry I can't remember which blog it came from) The idea is that you say a decade on the rosary. For each Hail Mary you give a rose to Mary (it's suppose to be symbolic of sending your prayer to Mary) I cannot croquet pretty roses. But, I saw a rose garland at a local dollar store. There are two roses in each part of the chain. So I cut off ten sets to represent a decade of the rosary. Instead of using our rosary we used the rose garland. As we said a Hail Mary we took one rose, and gave it to Mary. GH took a few roses off the end. Rooster was not pleased. She whined "No Henry those aren't for you. They are for Mary".




Rooster and Mary after praying a decade of the rosary.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not here but leave me a message after the beep. BEEP!